RC Insurance
154 New Britain Ave
Rocky Hill, CT 06067

Fax: 860-563-3682

Condo Insurance in Rocky Hill, CT, and surrounding areas

Protect More Than Just Your Possessions.

Owning a condominium offers you the financial perks of full home ownership without burdening you with many of the maintenance and upkeep responsibilities. Still, owning a condo comes with its own liabilities, and you must ensure that you have appropriate property insurance benefits in place.  

Though your condo homeowners association might provide a master insurance plan, this general benefit will not offer you the specific protection you need within your personal unit. Personal condo insurance will meet that objective. 

RC Insurance provides condo insurance to clients in Rocky Hill CT and surrounding areas. Just call us to get the coverage you need at a price you can afford. 

Understanding Condominium Insurance 

Condominiums as a whole are not fully owned by individual unit owners. Therefore, condominium insurance (often called an HO-6 plan) is effectively homeowners insurance that doesn’t burden the policyholder with coverage for the portions of the dwelling that they don’t own. It will only provide benefits for the parts of the property that are the owner’s responsibility. 

Your policy can provide property coverage in case of any number of hazardous events, such as: 

  • Fires & explosions 
  • Hail storms 
  • Lightning 
  • Slips, falls and injuries sustained in your home 
  • Theft/break-ins 
  • Vandalism and malicious mischief 
  • Water-related accidents and damage (e.g., burst pipes) 
  • Windstorms 

Your policy will offer personal property, liability, loss of income and other essential coverage. However, you won’t have to buy dwelling insurance unless you are obligated to do so due to the coverage already provided by your HOA’s master policy. 

There are three ways that HOA benefits might cover your dwelling: 

  • Bare Walls Coverage: Your association’s coverage will only insure the structure from the bare walls outward. It does not cover most of the fixtures and appliances in your individual unit. 
  • Single Entity Coverage: This benefit expands on bare walls coverage by offering an added benefit of covering certain fixtures within your dwelling. 
  • All-In Coverage: As the most comprehensive form of a master policy, this benefit will provide coverage for all of the fixtures, additions and upgrades to the unit, which frees the owner from the need to provide coverage themselves. 

At the time of putting together your condo policy, speak to your association manager about their master plan, and how that will influence your overall need for dwelling coverage. 

Protect Your Home 

Other factors will determine what kind of condo insurance is right for you, such as where your home is and what kind of materials were used to construct the building. Don't put off planning in the event of a disaster for your home and contact the team at RC Insurance to request a free quote